Summer Career Development Options
We are excited to offer internship opportunities and career experiences this summer! Due to the ongoing pandemic, most internships will continue to be remote. Companies are still determining how to bring their full-time staff back to in-person work, therefore are unable to host interns onsite. Please see below and keep an eye out for application updates/timelines.
1. Internship through the LA Chamber of Commerce Bixel Exchange LA Tech Talent Pipeline: Apply for an internship through this incredible program by June 15th. They have internship positions (paid and unpaid; virtual and in-person) at companies like Snapchat, Verizon Wireless, Kaiser Permanente, and Boingo Wireless. Find out more information and apply HERE. If you are admitted, please email Natasha so she can add you to the internship summer school programming.
2. CoLabL Talent Accelerator (Project Consultancy): Students will work with a team of other Da Vinci students and corporate mentors on several real projects aligned to employer and industry needs alongside CoLabL Talent Accelerator. The project consultancies will run from July 6th-August 6th and be 5-10 hours/week of work. Apply by MAY 17th. More details below.
3. Boeing internship: Application deadline has passed. Applications are currently being reviewed and students will be notified by May 3rd via email.
4. Internship Opportunity Board: Keep checking the board below; this is where new 3rd party internship opportunities will be posted.
5. Find your own internship: Are you able to secure your own internship (this can be in-person or remote)? Let Natasha know so she can make sure you earn summer school credit for it! She will verify with the employer and onboard you onto the Da Vinci summer internship programming.
CoLabL Talent Accelerator Internship - DETAILS
Apply for the Talent Accelerator internship this Summer!
● What is it? Students will work with a team of other Da Vinci students and corporate mentors on several real projects aligned to employer and industry needs alongside CoLabL Talent Accelerator. Please review the below documents for more information:
● How do I apply?
○ Apply by MAY 17th at 5pm
○ Apply online here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DaVinciSummer2021
- You’ll need:
- An updated resume, saved in PDF form as “firstname_lastname_resume”
- A maximum one page essay describing why you would like to participate and what makes you a good fit for the program saved in PDF form as “firstname_lastname_essay”
- Students will be informed of selection via email by May 21st at 5pm
● Hours: There will be 10 hours/week of work. There will be 60 minute mentoring and upskilling workshops each week. Students will work on 1 individual projects and 1 team projects during the internship.
● ELIGIBILITY: Open to all grade levels, but students are expected to communicate with industry partners and Natasha independent of parents/guardian. Students are expected to communicate promptly and professionally via email.
● SUMMER SCHOOL CREDIT: You will have the opportunity to earn 5 summer school credits for participating. It will reflect on your transcript as “Summer Internship Program”.
Need help with a resume?
Check out these resources below and feel free to share your resume with Natasha via Google Docs for feedback.
● Resume templates
● Resume samples
● Resume action verbs
Questions or Concerns? Reach out to Natasha Morrison, Dir. of Real World Learning, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internship Opportunity Board
1. Inspirit Academy STEM Internship: https://www.inspirit.academy/
👀 What will I do?
You will create and lead a high school STEM community this summer. You will get to:
Your internship will be based on the Inspirit values
You must be a high school student who is in or has completed a high school biology or chemistry course.
⏰ How long is the internship?
The internship is 5-10 hours a week and lasts for 1 month. If the internship goes well, it can be extended.
You can start on any Monday between June 1 and September 31.
2. Southern California Academy of Sciences Research Training Program - Apply by June 30th!
Apply HERE by June 30th.